American Legion Auxiliary Joe Dominguez Unit 742 Needs Your Help!
Since 1942, American Legion Auxiliary Joe Dominguez Unit 742 has worked tirelessly hand-in-hand with Post 742's Legionnaires to support veterans, their families, and our Corona community. In addition to raising funds for the various Auxiliary programs, Unit 742 has helped in fund raising to restore our historic building and contribute to the maintenance and ongoing costs to run the Post.
We have grown. We are a very active unit with dozens of very active members. We oftentimes have to meet outside the Hall because of the lack of space for multiple meetings and events happening at once.
Auxiliary Unit 742 needs additional space to conduct meetings, prepare & host events, and store items.
So, we're going to build it!
You CAN help!
American Legion Auxiliary Mission
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad.
For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
Our statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes:
- Commitment to the four founding principles: Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Loyalty
- Service to God, our country, its veterans and their families
- Tradition of patriotism and citizenship
- Personal integrity and family values
- Respect for the uniqueness of individual members
- Truthful open communication in dealing with the public and our members
- Adherence to the adopted policies and rules